All motor head enthusiasts like to buy Subby’s due to there practicality for tuning. In order to get the best outcome, best overall information and value figures. Then your car is placed on the dyno but before we go into detail. Lets talk about all the procudures and steps we take before tuning.
DO YOU WANT TO BE 100% SURE THE CAR WILL WORK ON THE DYNO? WELL DONT FORGET THESE STEPS:
1. Check your engine oil – it is important that your vehichle has the desirable amount.
2. Test of the CO2 content in the cooling system - Before every tuning, it is a good idea to check with this simple test whether we have a blown gasket under the heads. If it was twisted or banged, the engine would overheat on our Dyno.
3. Pressure Test Intake Manifold – It happens quite often that the engine sucks in false air. This could result in a worn out gasket or cracked hosing. The ideal test is to inflate through the throttle valve, when the engine just needs to be sprayed with spring water afterwards and the escaping air will form bubbles. Always replace hoses and seals honestly, they are a couple hundred-crowns items.
4. Checking the Intercooler – Preferrably the same way as you tested the intake. Make sure everything is tight, flush the intercooler or you can immerse it in water which should show you where it leaks. Also the Blow Off Valve leaks air, so thats worth mentioning to check.
5. Check the tire pressure - Make sure that all four wheels have the desirable psi. They must not be under-inflated.
6. Enough fuel - There's nothing worse than finding out mid-tune that you're out of gas. Sometimes tuning happens very quickly, but usually there is a hitch and the car can stay on the brake much longer. We have very good experience with Benzina Verva and OMV MaxxMotion fuels.
7. Removing the engine cover - For better circulation and removal of hot air, it is a good idea to remove the engine skids.
This is how we check every Subaru before every tune-up to ensure maximum protection of your engine. If you are interested in finding your civilian, trainer or competitor, do not hesitate to contact us. We tune serial Subaru control units, either with or without the programmes of ECUTEK or driving units such as PECTEL/ MoTEC. Prices from CZK 16,500 and of course includes all these procedures.